Sunday, March 22, 2009

Update of Sorts

I took my last dose of my antibiotic today. Hooray! I had strep throat two weeks ago. It was not fun. I haven't had strep for at least a decade. I used to get it all the time when I was little but I had my tonsils taken out when I was eight and hadn't had it since. I wasn't even sure if you could get strep if you didn't have tonsils...well you can. So I spent about three days camped out on my couch. My poor roommate was great but I felt back because I had basically taken over the living room. I had my drugs set out on the coffee table. There were Popsicle wrappers and medicine and empty bowls with pudding and water. It was pretty nasty. I was definitely a little stir crazy by the end of the week.

When people hear that I've had strep they immediately take two steps back and put their hand up in a defensive posture, never mind the fact that I have been on antibiotics. That always irritates me. People find out you're sick and they say something stupid like, "don't breath on me!" or "don't cough on me!" Like because I'm sick I forget about proper etiquette or acceptable social behavior. Do I normally breath on you? and really...taking two steps back from me and putting up your hand between us...is that going to prevent you from getting sick?? I don't want you to get sick but really, is that going to do anything? I'm not asking you to kiss me or hug me or take care of me in anyway, but is it really necessary to make a point out of asking me not to get you sick? When people do that it makes me want to sneeze on their food or cough all over them. Nice, right?

My friend is getting married in May. May 9th to be exact. I'm going to be a bridesmaid. We got our dresses Friday. I wasn't ever "officially" asked to be a bridesmaid, it was always sort of implied, so until Friday I wasn't completely sure I was actually going to be in the wedding. I have a feeling that the bride doesn't have a whole lot of help in the planning and execution of the wedding. I'm pretty sure that me and another bridesmaid are going to be doing a lot of helping. It should be fun and somewhat stressful. Who knows...I may come out of this experience determined to elope when I get married. I have a pretty dress to wear so at least we'll look good in the pictures, if nothing else. I may be calling in some family favors in the next month so, be warned!

3 comments:

Annie Jarman said...

What kind of "family favors"?

Grandma Cebe said...

Uh...I don't think I owe you any family favors.

Grandma Cebe said...

And I think you mean "empty BOWLS of pudding" not "empty BOWELS of pudding". That paints a completely different picture. EWWW.