I survived my first week of student teaching.... yes, let's all take a collective deep breath. I kind of can't believe that I'm finally here. I feel like I've been at this for such a long time. In a few short months I'll graduate. They're actually going to give me a license to teach.
- Student wrote "this sub is awesome" on the whiteboard on Thursday for my host teacher to see the next day. They haven't quite figured out the difference between a substitute and student-teacher.
- Students finally understanding grammar compliments and compliment vs. complement. They have been working on this for quite a while and weren't getting it until Thursday.
- 2B discussion on Satire and Mark Twain...they were completely engaged and I hardly had to say a word.
- Losing my voice after teaching all day Thursday and coughing frequently while trying to teach.
- Not sleeping due to said cough.
- Student attempting to stare my down...he lost because I walked away without engaging.