In the past three days...
- have been told by my students I "wasn't getting any younger and you need to hurry and get married."
- have been told by my students that I "have an old face"
- one student offered to set me up with his 19 year old brother because "it would be legal" (meaning his brother wasn't underage)
- had car trouble
- physically broke up a fight between two male students
- worked with the counselors to stop a fight from happening between three male students
- tried to figure out why three of my female students are suddenly shooting daggers at each other and muttering under their breath
- reported two students for flashing gang signs...in class...right in front of me...do they think that I just don't exist?
- had to stop three football players from chasing another football player because he had to find a doorknob to touch due to some flatulence on his part.
- had two peer evaluations in two days
- was "good-naturedly" teased in the faculty room because I went to a private school. The question "what are you doing here?" was asked in a somewhat joking manner
It's been a long three days and there are still two more to go... I think I'm going to drug myself and go to bed because I haven't been sleeping well either.