I know that a lot of people think their mom is the best and I'm sure they are wonderful women, but I'm sorry to tell you all that they're wrong. My Mom is the best. For the past 26 years she has always been there for me. She drove me to dance lessons, piano lessons, tennis lessons, swim lessons and school. She's stayed with me when I was scared, frightened and sick. She's cheered me on when I was unsure of myself and talked me down from more than one proverbial ledge. She's a wonderful example to me of what a mother aught to be. I know we weren't always an easy group of kids to deal with, let alone love but she managed to do it with fairly little yelling. So in honor of Mother's day and the worlds best mother, here is my list of reasons why my mom is the best...
1. She let us have a puppy - even when she didn't particularly want one.
2. She'll humor me and go shopping with me when I don't want to go by myself.
3. I can call her on a Saturday afternoon and she'll go run errands with me if I want company.
4. She'll play Christmas carols on Christmas Eve even when I know she would rather be singing.
5. On more than one occasion she has completely unpacked my bedroom and set everything up all homey (senior year of college, multiple moves since).
6. She flew out to California for the day just to be with me when I got some medical test results back even though money was tight.
7. She always believed me when I told her something was wrong (medically) even though all the doctors said it was nothing or they didn't know what was wrong.
8. She can be the scary momma bear - even when her kids are all grown up and gone.
9. She's willing to sew her 25 year old a Halloween costume.
10. I can stop by and she'll feed me.
11. She has always, always always believed that I could do whatever I wanted no matter what obstacles popped up along the way.
I could go on and on and on but I won't bore you. For this and many other reasons my mom is the best.
Love you Mom!!